1 thing before we get started: If you find this post helpful, will you please do me a huge favor + pin it on Pinterest so we can share the knowledge with others to make their lives easier?
This is somewhat of a Part 2 to my previous skincare blog!
Like I mentioned previously, always start with a freshly cleansed face!
We only get one shot with our skin, making skincare incredibly important! I recently went over some of my favorite products from The Ordinary, and am now going in reverse order... because you can't forget to wash your face!
Consider this Part 2 of my skincare essentials.
1. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser has been my go-to cleanser lately. I start by splashing warm water on my face, and then put a dime-size of it on my hands, rubbing them together to create that foamy-goodness that I love in a cleanser! At $20, this cleanser is tad higher in price than I would normally pay... but a little goes a long way! I love that I can use very little, making the product last a long time! It's very sudsy, which is something that I prefer in a face wash, removes makeup well and gives me that fresh, clean feeling we all want post-cleanse. According to the website: "This specially formulated gentle foaming cleanser helps remove dirt and debris without over-drying or stripping skin. In addition to dissolving excess oil and dirt, this pH-balanced cleanser helps maintain skin’s natural balance."
Cost: $10 USD for 75ML or $20 USD for 150ML
I alternate using this, twice a day, every other day. (Note: Kiehl's products were gifted to me, but I am not required to blog about them. I have chosen to write about them because I truly like their products!)
2. An alternative face wash that I use is Target's UP&UP™ Charcoal Deep Pore Cleanser. Honestly, I love anything with charcoal in it. 😍 I use a charcoal bristle toothbrush, charcoal toothpaste, charcoal toothpowder + this charcoal face wash. Activated charcoal attaches itself and removes your unwanted nasties. And for that, you will be infinitely grateful!
According to the internet: "Activated charcoal draws bacteria, poisons, chemicals, dirt and other micro-particles to the surface of skin, helping you to achieve a flawless complexion and fight acne."
After seeing the results, I obvi got a little addicted to charcoal products! The activted charcoal face wash has helped with my acne. Charcoal toothpaste has allowed me to achieve a naturally-white smile. They're white, but not that "Hey, look, I bleached the hell out of my teeth" kind of white. Activated charcoal toothpaste + toothpowders provide a naturally white effect. However, if you are looking for "veneer white," you may want something stronger. To each their own!
Cost: $4.19 USD for 200ML
I alternate using this with Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser, twice a day, every other day.
3. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream. I've only been using this moisturizer for the past few weeks, but I definitely recommend it! It is a rich, high-density cream that leaves my skin feeling moisturized and supple. After I wash my face, and apply day facial oils, I will moisturize the entirety of my face prior to make-up, or as a finishing touch on a no-make-up day. Kiel's states that their Ultra Facial Cream: "Replenishes skin hydration by drawing and absorbing moisture from the air." It is also their #1 product.
Cost: $16.00 USD for 1.0 fl. oz. or $29.50 USD for 1.7 fl. oz. (the size I received)
4. Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. For starters, I LOVE avocados. I mean who doesn't? Sure, those people exist... but really, who are they? And what went wrong? Biased as I am, the avocado ingredient sold me.😅 It is a non-greasy, lightweight, smooth eye cream with a thick consistency. It feels wonderful, and you only need the tiniest amount applied to your under eye. Kiehl's recommends dabbing it with your ring finger... but sometimes I'm in a rush and I just rub it in. 🤷🏼♀️
Cost: $29.00 USD for 0.5 fl. oz. jar or $48.00 USD for 0.95 fl. oz. jar
5. LUSH's Imperial Moisturizer. This has been my longtime go-to moisturizer. I'm a fan of LUSH and use a variety of their products. This moisturizer is an excellent place to start if you're unsure of what your skin needs! In addition to being a great staple product, it has lavendar in it, which helps to reduce stress and irritation. 😉
According to the LUSH website: "Imperialis is finely crafted to work with most skin types to ease and soothe irritations."
Cost: $26.95 for 1.5 fl. oz.
Dab all over your face and rub it in.
6. LUSH's Angels on Bare Skin Face + Body Cleanser. This angelic mixture of "cleansing kaolin clay", ground almonds and lavender has been a favorite of mine for a long time - like, years. It's great if you are looking for that deep clean feeling. It penetrates the skin allowing you to scrub away dirt and clear your pores (and, yes, mine are large so I need all the help I can get). By going deep into pores, it helps with acne, though it doesn't specifically treat it. LUSH states that it "leaves skin calm, balanced, soft and smooth, and because it's so gentle, anyone can use it." Your skin with be smooth! Radiant! And will thank you.
I put a quarter-size amount (or less) on my hands, mix it with water until it forms a paste and then scrub! Not too hard, of course, skin is delicate. And, as if you could forget, rinse off!
I use this about once a week. You can also use it as a full body wash for all the silky feels!
These are all amazing products! The prices vary a bit, so if you're unsure, start with the more affordable ones: Target + LUSH. 😍